Beacon Hill's mission is to provide a guiding light for our community’s career and educational needs.
We work closely with our families and community to offer unique, personalized educational opportunities for all students. Our innovative and engaging educational program utilizes a blend of traditional classroom experiences, new-age eLearning platforms and integrated career-oriented experiences to optimize student success.
Beacon Hill Community School is a conversion community school originally established in 2011 to fill an educational gap in the Southeast Local School District (Wayne County). Serving students in grades 7-12, Beacon Hill delivers traditional classroom instruction aligned with a standards-based approach that is enhanced with blended learning opportunities. Committed and compassionate staff provide students with an educational option that is designed to fit their individual needs in preparing them as 21st Century graduates.
Unique Educational Programming
- Personal Student Attention
- Cultural Experiences
- Career Readiness
- Well-rounded Educational Opportunities
- Hands-on Learning
- Flexible Educational Programming
- Transportation Options Available
- No Tuition
- Plain Education Network
Features / Benefits of Plain Education Network (PEN)
- The PEN is a safe, portable internet source for our high-school students that allows for completion of online-based schoolwork while not at school
- Locks connection down for school curriculum access and teacher assistance only
- No access to websites and inappropriate content
- Works with school provided devices
- Completely secure
- Allows students to keep learning outside regular school hours
- No other internet or phone connection needed
- Diverse Professional Experience
- Familiarity with Community’s Cultures/Needs
Beacon Hill Community School has received multiple honors in recognition of exemplary academic achievement from Ohio Alliance of Public Charter Schools.
"Beacon Hill Community School is a community school established under Chapter 3314. of the Revised Code. The school is a public school and students enrolled in and attending the school are required to take proficiency tests and other examinations prescribed by law. In addition, there may be other requirements for students at the school that are prescribed by law. Students who have been excused from the compulsory attendance law for the purpose of home education as defined by the Administrative Code shall no longer be excused for that purpose upon their enrollment in a community school. For more information about this matter contact the school administration or the Ohio Department of Education."
Equal Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of the School to provide equal employment opportunities, and to administer its personnel practices and maintain an environment free of discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other unlawful criterion or circumstance. The School prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.