Beacon Hill's mission is to provide a guiding light for our community’s career and educational needs.
We work closely with our families and community to offer unique, personalized educational opportunities for all students. Our innovative and engaging educational program utilizes a blend of traditional classroom experiences, new-age eLearning platforms and integrated career-oriented experiences to optimize student success.
Beacon Hill Community School is a public charter (community) school originally established in 2011 to fill an educational gap in the Southeast Local School District (Wayne County) and has since grown to serve students all across the Wayne, Holmes, and Tuscarawas counties and beyond. For the first twelve years, BHCS served students in grades 7-12, with sixth grade added in the fall of 2023. Beacon Hill delivers traditional classroom instruction aligned with a standards-based approach that is enhanced with blended learning opportunities. Committed and compassionate staff provide students with an educational option that is designed to fit their individual needs to prepare for success as independent young adults.
Looking ahead, Beacon Hill will be moving in the summer of 2024 to the building that currently houses Mt. Eaton Elementary; BHCS will open in fall 2024 with the addition of Kindergarten through 5th grade. We are excited to be growing our school community through increases in students, families, and staff for 2024-2025! We have a wide range of positions available in our school, requiring a variety of experience and training. Interested individuals can visit our employment opportunities page for more information.
Unique Educational Programming
- Close-knit and caring school community
- Transportation available to students living in Southeast, East Holmes, and Garaway districts hrough busing provided by local districts at no cost to families
- No tuition/cost to attend
- Invested licensed teachers who provide personalized support and attention to student needs
- Intentionally-designed relevant learning experiences tailored to our student interests and cultural needs
- Career preparation, exploration, and readiness
- Emphasis on character and personal responsibility/integrity
- Well-rounded educational opportunities
- Hands-on learning
- Regular home economics and outdoor trades classes
Beacon Hill Staff Characteristics
- Diverse Professional Experience
- Invested in relevant, meaningful learning experiences
- Passionate about preparing students for independence in futures
- Familiarity with community’s cultures/needs
Beacon Hill Community School has received multiple honors in recognition of exemplary academic achievement from Ohio Alliance of Public Charter Schools.
"Beacon Hill Community School is a community school established under Chapter 3314. of the Revised Code. The school is a public school and students enrolled in and attending the school are required to take proficiency tests and other examinations prescribed by law. In addition, there may be other requirements for students at the school that are prescribed by law. Students who have been excused from the compulsory attendance law for the purpose of home education as defined by the Administrative Code shall no longer be excused for that purpose upon their enrollment in a community school. For more information about this matter contact the school administration or the Ohio Department of Education."
Equal Opportunity Statement
It is the policy of the School to provide equal employment opportunities, and to administer its personnel practices and maintain an environment free of discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other unlawful criterion or circumstance. The School prohibits and will not tolerate any such discrimination or harassment.